NY Plastic Surgeon Dr. Suzman- Breast Reduction
This patient had very large and heavy breasts that were uncomfortable and she requested breast reduction surgery. Because of her size, short scar techniques such as a vertical breast reduction were not optimal. Using an incision around the areola, up and down, and underneath the breasts, breast reshaped to a size much more appropriate to her body. She healed beautifully, has minimal scars, and excellent functional improvement.More
NYC breast reduction surgeon
Breast reduction with Wise pattern, inferior pedicle, approximately 650 g per side. More
- Many patients request reducing the size of the areola at the time of breast reduction surgery
- It is often necessary as the diameter of the areola can be quite large in certain patients
- An average diameter for the areola after surgery various from 4-5 cm
- Using careful measurements, plastic surgeons will reduce areola to a more appropriate size.
- occasionally after surgery, the areola size and shape can be a bit different. But over time, as the swelling resolves in the sutures underneath the skin dissolve, the size and shape normalize
* All information subject to change. Images may contain models. Individual results are not guaranteed and may vary.