Female Chin Implant and Rhinoplasty Surgery in NY Patient
Female Nose Chin Surgery NY
This young woman was displeased with the size and shape of her nose and balance with the chin. She underwent rhinoplasty and chin augmentation at the Rye Ambulatory Surgery Center in Westchester County, NY. This nose plastic surgery procedure helped create a very natural appearing nose that does not look operated on. The best results in patients with chin recession, or a "weak chin", often occur when a small chin implant is placed to bring the front of the chin in closer alignment with the lower lip. This balance makes the tip of the nose project less from the face, allowing a less aggressive rhinoplasty reduction and more balanced, natural result. More
When is a chin implant needed?
- While a chine implant is rarely required, many patients benefit from a more balanced relationship between the chin, nose and face.
- Having the most foreward part of the chin is well behind the lower lip is a common face shape. It is neither a medical condition or unaatractive! However, it does cause the tip of the nose to appear more projected or foreward.
- Chin implants are placed through a small incision under the chin. They are made of a soft silicone rubber like material that is very safe and lasts for years, if not forewever. Most patients quickly forget they have an implant and do not feel it at all.
- Very rarely do they have to be removed or adjusted. While all surgery can carry risks such as infection, pain, or numbness, the raters of these problems are low.
- Computer simulationmaging can help show how a chin implant may help.
* All information subject to change. Images may contain models. Individual results are not guaranteed and may vary.