Dr. Suzman NY Rhinoplasty Surgeon
Closed rhinoplasty septoplasty
Rhinoplasty in New York patient for dorsal bump, deviated septum and breathing obstruction by Dr. Michael Suzman. Plastic Surgery performed at Northern Westchester Hospital. More
closed versus open rhinoplasty
- There are two different ways to make incisions in rhinoplasty surgery.
- The closed approach involves incisions on the inside of the nose only while the open approach uses those incisions plus an additional small incision across the skin underneath the nose
- The open approach allows for far better visualization of the structures and is preferred in many cases by many surgeons.
- However, many surgeons like the closed approach as they can see the results from each maneuver on the outside of the nose immediately
- As long as your plastic surgeon is experienced, it really does not make a big difference which type of incision is done.
- Dr. Suzman likes both open and closed rhinoplasty and chooses the best approach depending on each individual patient's requests
* All information subject to change. Images may contain models. Individual results are not guaranteed and may vary.